March 20, 2003
Stay Safe - Check Your Natural Gas and
Propane-Operated Equipment and Appliances
SaskEnergy and SaskPower remind customers to keep their homes and businesses safe by
checking all natural gas and propane-operated equipment and appliances to ensure they are operating
When natural gas or propane leaks, it smells like rotten eggs. This odorant has been added
for your safety so that you'll know quickly if there is a problem. If you smell this distinctive odour in
your home or business, you have a gas leak.
Please follow these natural gas and propane safety tips:
If you smell natural gas or propane - leave the home or building immediately.
Go to a neighbouring home or business and phone 911, or call your gas supplier to
report the leak. SaskEnergy's toll-free phone number is 1-888-700 0427.
Do not ignite a flame or smoke.
Do not use the phone or turn on electric devices, do not use switches to turn your
lights on or off, and do not operate appliances - avoid anything that could cause an arc or spark to
This safety message is part of the continuing commitment of SaskEnergy and SaskPower to
educate our customers about the potential hazards created during the installation and operation of propane
and natural gas systems and equipment.
For more information, call:
(306) 777-9432 (Regina)
(306) 566-3167 (Regina)