How to Apply
Step 1: Create a Profile
Once you have selected an open job posting, you will be prompted to complete a profile. Creating a profile will allow you to sign in and apply for future job openings without re-entering information each time.
Step 2: Submit a Cover letter and Resume
A complete application will captivate us to look further at your qualifications and is a stepping stone to getting an interview. Here’s your chance to highlight your communication skills and convince us of your abilities, interests and suitability for the position.
The cover letter should include:
- The position you are applying for and how you learnt of the position
- Why you want to work at SaskEnergy
- A summary of how your education, experience, and skills will be an asset
- Your contact information
Things to consider when writing a resume:
- Keep it short, concise and easy to read (general rule is no longer than 2 pages)
- Ensure experiences and skills support the position you are applying on
- Clearly demonstrate your value and highlight accomplishments
- Be honest about your skills and abilities
- Information should be well organized, error free, and attractive to the eye
Step 3: Selection Process
If your education, experience and skills, or any combination of, are a fit you may be contacted to proceed further in the selection process.
We use a behavioural interview format focused on specific examples from your past experiences, which are an indicator of how you will perform on the job in the future.
Ask for clarification if you are unsure of how to answer a question. When responding to questions, the following points should be incorporated into your answer:
- A specific situation
- The tasks that needed to be done
- The action(s) taken – be specific and concise
- The results – what happened
There is no right or wrong answer. The interviewer is trying to understand how you behaved in a certain situation.
Aptitude testing, case studies or presentations may also be used to assess your skills and abilities.
Step 4: Reference and Background Checks
If you are selected for further consideration, we will contact you to initiate background checks. This process includes reference checking, as well as the collection and verification of personal information pertaining to the job.
Step 5: Offer of Employment
Successful candidates will receive an offer in writing.
Benefits, start date and what to expect when you arrive for your first day will be discussed at this time as well.