Urban Residential – Home Builder Application
SaskEnergy and SaskPower offer a convenient joint application process to connect you to natural gas and/or electrical service. Getting connected has never been easier. Simply follow these three steps:
- Apply for Natural Gas and/or Electrical Service
- Complete and submit the Urban Residential Home Builder Application Form.
- This application form can be used for both natural gas service from SaskEnergy and/or electrical service from SaskPower – you do not need to fill out two separate forms.
- You can submit multiple service requests within the same city or town.
- Once your completed application has been submitted, SaskEnergy and SaskPower will provide a tracking number. Keep this number for reference if you need to contact us.
Tips for submitting your application:
- If you have a desktop email program such as Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes or Local Cable, your email program will launch when you click the “Submit by E-mail” button on the application form. Include any site plans for the address(es) you are applying for by including an attachment (ie. .jpg, .pdf or .docx) in your email.
- If you are using an internet browser based email such as Hotmail, Gmail or Live, you must save the completed application form to your computer prior to log in. Attach the saved application form as well as any site plans for the address(es) you are applying for (ie. .jpg, .pdf or .docx).
- Prepare for Service Installation
- Ensure you are following the requirements outlined in the Site Readiness Checklist
- In Saskatoon, Warman, Martensville , Dalmeny, and Regina all new services for single family homes will be installed in a joint trench within new and existing urban residential subdivisions.
- Natural Gas Meter Installation
- After the natural gas service line has been installed, your licensed plumbing and heating contractor must contact SaskEnergy at
1-888-700-0427 to advise that they are ready for the meter to be connected.
- Your licensed plumbing and heating contractor will provide SaskEnergy with a Gas Inspection Division permit number, at which time SaskEnergy will install and activate the natural gas meter. Billing commences from the date the meter is set.
SaskEnergy is committed to the safe and reliable delivery of natural gas to every customer. As a result, line locating and odor investigating are performed at no charge. Please contact Sask 1st Call at least two business days before you are going to dig or
perform any excavation work online at sask1stcall.com or by calling
1-866-828-4888. Once your lines are located, markings are valid for 10 working days from the day they were placed.