October 1, 2004
Saskatchewan's Olympians and Paralympians
to be honored at Roughrider game
Saskatchewan athletes and support staff who attended the 2004 Olympic and Paralympic
Games in Athens, Greece, will be honoured as part of the festivities involving the
Saskatchewan Roughrider home game against the Montreal Alouettes on Oct. 2.
The Olympians and Paralympians will be attending an autograph session on the practice
field at 3:30 p.m., along with several former Saskatchewan Roughriders, and 1998
Olympic Gold Medalists in curling -- Joan McCusker, Jan Betker and Marcia Gudereit.
They will be introduced during the pre-game announcements before the 5 p.m. start-time.
They will also be participating in the Line Up with the Legends program to support
KidSport™ Saskatchewan during the half-time show. During this program, Regina
Legends and Saskatchewan athletes will each lead a team in a race through an obstacle
course at Taylor Field. Thanks to SaskEnergy for their generous support in organizing
the Line Up with the Legends program.
The Olympians, who have confirmed their attendance, include:
- Cameron Baerg - Rower - silver medalist
- Rachelle deJong - Rower
- Mayor Pat Fiacco - Tech Official Boxing
- Lorne Lasuita - Mission Village Operations
- Sandy Roberts - Tech Official Synchronized Swimming
- Sheri Gross - Team Canada Massage Therapist
- Connie Burton - Athens 2004 sport Massage Team
The Paralympians, who have confirmed their attendance, include:
- Amy Alsop - Goal Ball - gold medalist
- Clayton Gerein - Wheelchair Athletics - bronze medalist
- Lisa Franks - Wheelchair Athletics - double gold medalist
For more information contact Della Ruopp at (306) 780-9375 or email
For the latest in amateur sport news visit