Commercial Boiler Program
The Commercial Boiler Program is designed to encourage the use of
high-efficiency natural gas hydronic space-heating systems in commercial new
construction and retrofits. Available through SaskEnergy Commercial Network
Members located across Saskatchewan, the program provides incentives to help
offset the incremental price of a high efficiency natural gas condensing boiler
over the purchase price of a standard-efficiency boiler. Incentives are based
upon space-heating, ventilating, domestic hot water load and type of equipment
installed. To qualify for the program, a boiler plant must have an input rating
of 400,000 BTU or higher. Contact a SaskEnergy Commercial Network Member
to determine if you are eligible for the Commercial Boiler Program.
This offer is funded by SaskEnergy and is available from December 1, 2017 until November 30, 2019.
Note: This program does not apply to buildings that are directly or indirectly,
owned or operated by or receive their primary funding from, the Province of
Saskatchewan (e.g. hospitals, schools, government departments and ministries and
For all participants, the incentive is applied to help offset the incremental
price of a natural gas condensing boiler over the purchase price of a
standard-efficiency boiler. Purchase price incentives are based upon the
installed BTU input of the qualifying equipment. They will be calculated as
Incentives for condensing boilers will be calculated as follows:
- $10 per 1,000 BTU/hr for the first 600,000 BTU/hr
- $3 per 1,000 BTU/hr above 600,000 BTU/hr
- Maximum eligible incentive is $40,200.
Incentives for near condensing boilers will only be offered if used in a
hybrid system with at least one condensing boiler. In this case, near condensing
boilers are eligible for the following incentive:
In addition, leasing is available, OAC, from your SaskEnergy Commercial Network
Member to cover the remaining costs associated with the equipment, engineering
Terms and Conditions
Commercial Boiler Program Benefits
Ongoing savings of up to 40%
- Operating savings from lower natural gas expenditures.
- Greater potential savings if boilers are also used for domestic hot water heating.
- Improved operating efficiency through correct boiler sizing
- Improved reliability if a modular boiler system with multiple boilers is used.
Space efficiency and comfort
- Requirement for less space in mechanical rooms.
- Opportunity to increase comfort, and reduce building maintenance and operating costs.
- Improved efficiency enhances the value of your business investment.
- Increased value to your development.
- Competitive advantage over other projects.
- Fewer greenhouse gas emissions into the atmosphere.
- Responsible use of a clean burning natural resource.
Need more information?
Contact a SaskEnergy Commercial Network Member
in your area today.