Our goal of participating in social media is to give you, our customers, partners and community, the opportunity to better engage with us and to help you understand SaskEnergy as a Crown corporation and community supporter. References to SaskEnergy in this document includes SaskEnergy and all its corporate affiliates. We’re here to inform, engage and assist where possible, while working to ensure our channels are the best place for you to get the information you need.
Our social media channels – Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube — reflect our corporate values of safety, integrity, and respect. Our channels are moderated by community managers to encourage everyone to stay on topic and to foster a productive, positive space for conversation for those participating.
To help ensure everyone has a positive experience on our social media channels, here are a few guidelines:
- Please be respectful and friendly.
- We understand that sometimes you may have concerns or issues, but please keep things polite and considerate, avoiding profanity and obscenity. We’ll do our best to ensure you get the information you need.
- Posts that are attacks or that contain misinformation, unsupported allegations, or suggestions of violence, racism, hatred, or bigotry are not permitted and could be removed.
- Users who disregard our guidelines will be warned and, if necessary, banned from our channels if we can’t work things out.
Our channels are monitored during regular business hours, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (excluding statutory holidays).
Consider Your Privacy
SaskEnergy takes privacy and security seriously and is subject to The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Saskatchewan).
We’ll remove posts that include personal information (such as your address or account number) to protect customer privacy, but as with any online service, people should exercise judgment about the kind of information they share.
We also ask our social media followers to respect the personal privacy of others. However, we can’t guarantee that all users will comply, and we cannot be held accountable for personal information posted by participants. Those who post the personal information of others may be removed or blocked.
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include personal information or identifiers such as phone or account numbers or email addresses.
SaskEnergy does not ask for personal or confidential information of any kind from customers through social media.
Followers of SaskEnergy’s social media accounts may see posts on the following:
- SaskEnergy news and events
- Outage notices and updates
- Details of SaskEnergy’s operation and construction activities
- Natural gas information and safety tips
SaskEnergy uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and relevant information but makes no representation or claims as to the validity, correctness, currency, completeness, or timeliness of such information.
SaskEnergy’s decision to follow a particular social media user isn’t an endorsement of any kind. We follow and subscribe to other social media accounts that we feel are relevant to our mandate.
The appearance of a social media user as a follower of one of SaskEnergy’s social media accounts doesn’t imply endorsement. We welcome feedback and ideas that are constructive and relevant to a topic. Disagreements and constructive arguments are acceptable as part of the discussion. However, abusive or insulting comments are not acceptable. We expect the content of posted material to be respectful of others.
We disclaim all liability for third-party posts on our social media accounts.
How our social media accounts will be managed and moderated
We moderate our accounts and reserve the right to remove posts or block a follower when the post isn’t appropriate as determined by SaskEnergy, including:
- Material or posts that are contrary to Canadian law
- Racist, hateful, sexist, homophobic, slanderous, or insulting messages, and those that threaten violence
- Unproven, unsupported, or inaccurate accusations against individuals or organizations
- Abusive, aggressive, coarse, vulgar, violent, obscene, or pornographic comments
- Messages that encourage or suggest illegal activity, including infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights
- Solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements by or of any financial, commercial, or non-governmental entity
- Attempts to defame SaskEnergy, its employees, officers, Board of Directors, contractors, or any person associated with SaskEnergy.
- Comments not sent by the author and/or posted by anonymous or robot accounts
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users
- Unintelligible or irrelevant messages
- Messages that are off-topic or that our community managers feel will not add to the flow of discussion
- Messages that infringe on an individual’s privacy including posting the personal information of others
Likes, forwards and retweets
Social media posts that we “like”, forward or retweet are not necessarily an endorsement on our part. We may like, forward or retweet news and links that we believe are relevant to the work we do in the energy industry and/or may be of interest to our followers.
@replies and Direct Messages
We read all @replies and Direct Messages sent to us. However, we may not be able to respond to all individual messages. To get more information about SaskEnergy products and services, please visit our website.
Links to Other Websites
Links to websites not under the control of SaskEnergy are provided only for the convenience of users. We are not responsible for the accuracy, currency, or reliability of the content of other sites. We are not responsible for the information found through these links, nor do we endorse the sites or their content.
You participate on social media including those operated by SaskEnergy at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your posts, your username, and any information you provide, and you understand that hosting may be outside of Canada and that your posts may be subject to the laws of other countries. You understand that any information is provided on an “as-is” basis.
In no event shall SaskEnergy, its affiliates, subsidiaries, their respective directors, officers, employees, or agents, responsible for creating, producing or delivering information on any social media channel be liable or responsible for any liability for errors, omissions or inadequacies in the information contained therein, for any claim, loss or damage, whether direct, special, indirect, moral or consequential, loss of profits or opportunities or legal expenses arising out of the interpretation, reliance upon or other use, authorized or unauthorized of such information, including any loss of use, lost data, lost business profits, business interruption, personal injury, or any other pecuniary loss, whether the action is in contract, tort (including negligence) or other tortious action, even if SaskEnergy is advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. The user assumes sole responsibility for the selection and use of or reliance on information found on SaskEnergy social media account.
Certain words, phrases, names, designs, or logos used may constitute trademarks, service marks or trade names of SaskEnergy or other entities. The display of any such marks does not imply that a license has been granted by SaskEnergy or other entities.