Assumptions used in this estimator:
- The amount of energy required to evaporate 1 pound of water is 2,000 British Thermal Units (BTU’s).
- The amount of energy needed to dry grain varies. It depends on factors such as the energy efficiency of your grain drying unit. Environmental factors such as humidity and temperature also play a role.
- This calculator does not factor losses from conveyance or handling of grain. These can vary by crop type.
- The target levels of dryness used are samples to compare energy sources. These are for illustration purposes only.
- The total annual energy cost calculation includes the cost of fuel and the applicable carbon charge.