Your home is where your heart is. Whether you are renovating or building, installation of natural gas appliances will provide the convenience and comfort you deserve now and for years to come.
The ease of space and water heating in one system. Also known as a hydronic heating system, an ENERGY STARⓇ Most Efficient natural gas boiler is:
- Reliable - keep your home and water warm anytime of the year. Regular maintenance will ensure safe operation.
- Modern - use a digital control pad to operate. They also operate quietly.
- Functional - floor standing or wall-mounted options available.
- Energy-efficient - condensing models with a minimum 90% efficiency rating will cost less to operate and can reduce greenhouse gas emissions compared to an older model.
Read Natural Resources Canada, guide to Heating with Gas.
Keep your clothes looking new and smelling fresh. A natural gas clothes dryer is:
- Convenient - gentle, moist heat means less fabric softener and less wrinkles.
- Safe - moisture sensors detect when clothes are dry and will turn off the appliance.
- Energy-efficient - heat dissipates faster and clothes take half the time to dry compared to an electric dryer.
Cooktop or Range
Bake, broil, roast and saute like a master chef. A natural gas range is:
- Reliable - you can still cook when the power goes out.
- Precise - accurate temperature control and a moist method of cooking means food won't dry out.
- Convenient - you won't need to wait. An instant-on/off clean burning flame will heat on-demand and will cool down just as fast.
- Safe - front or side-mounted burn dials eliminate the need to reach over the burner. The automatic ignition will turn off the gas when the flame goes out.
- Functional - venting is not required but a vent hood is recommended.
- Energy-efficient - costs less to operate than an electric model and produces less greenhouse gas emissions.
Sit back and relax in a hurry. A natural gas fireplace is:
- Convenient - control the temperature with a remote thermostat. Create a warm glow without hauling any wood.
- Clean - no smoke, soot, ashes or sparks.
- Safe - most models feature a heat screen protector. A built-in shut-off valve means you pay less for your home insurance compared to a wood-burning option.
- Functional - most models feature radiant and convection heat. A blower fan allows you to warm areas such as a basement or addition.
- Energy-efficient - costs less to operate than a wood, propane or electric fireplace and produces less greenhouse gas emissions.
Read Natural Resources Canada, guide to All About Gas Fireplaces
Keep cozy at the perfect temperature. An ENERGY STARⓇ Most Efficient natural gas furnace is:
- Reliable - keep your home warm all winter long. Regular maintenance helps keep your furnace running safely and at peak efficiency.
- Modern - a modulating furnace with a variable speed motor will provide precise, consistent heat throughout your home no matter the temperature outside.
- Functional - improve indoor air quality and vent through an outside wall. No chimney required.
- Energy-efficient - models with a 98% efficiency rating will cost less to operate and can reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 4 tonnes per year compared to an older model.
Read Natural Resources Canada, guide to Heating with Gas
Heat water faster. Water heating is the second largest energy use in your home and accounts for 20% of your energy costs. An ENERGY STARⓇ certified water heater with a high energy factor is:
- Reliable - models with a continuous pilot light will operate during a power outage. Never run out of hot water with a tankless model.
- Modern - a tankless model will take up less space than a storage tank model and can last up to 20 years.
- Functional - vent through an outside wall or chimney.
- Energy-efficient - heat water three times faster than an electric model.
Read Natural Resources Canada, guide to Water Heating