Exchanging the Natural Gas Meter
To comply with Federal Regulations and to ensure safe and reliable service to customers,
SaskEnergy must remove and replace our natural gas meters from time to time.
Reasons we may need to exchange the meter include:
- Testing or replacement to ensure compliance and accuracy under
Measurement Canada regulations;
- routine maintenance;
- damage to the meter;
- upgrading to a new model; and
- investigating a complaint regarding measurement accuracy.
Rules regarding the removal and replacement of natural gas meters are set forth
by the Electricity
and Gas Inspection Act,
Electricity and Gas Inspection Regulations, and are included under
SaskEnergy's Terms & Conditions of Service Schedule.
If the SaskEnergy meter at your property is scheduled for replacement, you will be notified
in advance by mail or phone. Every attempt will be made to schedule a time that
is convenient for you and there will be no charges to complete the replacement.
A qualified field representative will be at your property for 20 to 30 minutes and will:
- Take a final meter read
- Turn off the natural gas
- Remove the old meter and install the new meter
- Turn the natural gas back on
- Perform a safety check to make sure there are no gas leaks
- Take a new meter read
- Relight your natural gas appliances
Booking an Appointment
If you have received a letter, tag or phone call from SaskEnergy,
call 1-800-567-8899 to book an appointment.
SaskEnergy is currently installing an Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system province-wide. Find out more…