Win a Carbon Monoxide Alarm!
A carbon monoxide (CO) alarm is the best way to alert you if there is potential danger. Now is your chance to win a smart alarm that connects to your mobile device and tests itself.
How to enter
- Fill out the form below by November 30, 2023
- 1 entry per person
Official Contest Rules & Regulations
- SaskEnergy Incorporated (the “Contest Sponsor”) is sponsoring the WIN A CO ALARM Contest (the “Contest”). The Contest will begin November 1, 2023 at 12:00 a.m. and close on November 30, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Closing Date”).
- By entering this Contest the entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these rules and regulations (the “Contest Rules”). All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest.
- Participation in the Contest is limited to residents of the Province of Saskatchewan who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their spouses, parents, siblings and children, and persons domiciled with an employee of the Contest Sponsor, or any company controlled by Contest Sponsor, subsidiary or division of the Corporate Sponsor, are ineligible to win. The Contest is void outside the province of Saskatchewan.
- By entering the Contest, each entrant consents to the use of his or their name and city/town of residence without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Contest Sponsor and/or their advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification or compensation.
- No purchase necessary. All eligible entries that were filled out on the website will be entered into a random draw. Only one (1) entry per person is allowed. You will be entered:
- upon the Contest Sponsor receiving an completed online form (available at saskenergy.com/COalarmcontest) that includes your name, email address and daytime phone number. Entries must be received on or before the Closing date (E-mail entries are not accepted). For this Contest, receipt of an internet entry occurs when Contest Sponsor's server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- There is one (1) smart CO alarm to be won, with an approximate retail value of $149 CAD (the “Prize”).
- A draw will be held for one (1) CO alarm on December 4, 2023.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded. Prize may not be sold, transferred and is not convertible to cash. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize in whole or in part in the event that all or any component of the Prize is unavailable. Prize winner is solely responsible for all costs not expressly described herein.
- Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries filled out online on the Closing Date.
- Prize is awarded "AS IS" and "WHERE IS,", without any other representations or warranties from the Contest Sponsor, express or implied, including any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Entrants agree that the Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for any defects, errors or omissions, respecting the Prize, including negligent installation.
- One random draw will be conducted by SaskEnergy on December 4, 2023, Regina, SK, at 11:00 am CST from all eligible participants to select one potential winner of a Prize (the “Draw”).
- The selected entrant will be notified by telephone or email within approximately three (3) business days of the Draw ("Notification"). The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any inaccurate or incorrect information provided to it, or that results in any way from the transmission, receipt or processing of entries. If the first selected entrant does not respond within three (3) days of first contact, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify that entrant and to randomly draw another eligible participant. By filling out the form online, you agree that if you are a selected entrant that is disqualified and a Prize is forfeited for any reason, the Contest Sponsor will be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. Contest Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive Notification.
- Upon Notification, the selected entrant must, unaided, correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question. In the event that a selected entrant is unable to answer the skill-testing question correctly, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify said entrant and to randomly draw another eligible paperless billing customer, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- If a selected entrant is not eligible or does not otherwise meet the requirements as set out in the Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor will have the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for purposes of awarding a Prize, and the Contest Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- Double or multiple entries will be voided.
- By entering the Contest, entrants and selected entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor and their directors, employees, officers, agents and affiliates from any injury, loss or damage of any kind to persons or property, including but not limited to death, resulting in whole or in part directly or indirectly from the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of an awarded Prize, participation in any Contest-related activity including any travel related thereto and/or participation in the Contest.
- By entering the Contest, each selected entrant agrees to sign and return the following to SaskEnergy within fourteen (14) days of Notification:
- A form affirming eligibility and compliance with all Contest Rules (form may require notarization);
- A liability release form releasing the Contest Sponsor, their directors, employees, officers, agents and affiliates from all liability arising from or relating to the acceptance, receipt, possession, use or misuse of an awarded Prize, participation in any Contest-related activity including any travel related thereto and/or participation in this Contest; and
- A publicity release and consent form permitting the Contest Sponsor to use his or her name and city/town of residence without compensation in any publicity or advertising carried out in any medium worldwide by the Contest Sponsor and/or its advertising or promotional agencies without limitation or further notification, unless prohibited by law. If the selected entrant fails to submit the above within the given time period, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify said entrant and randomly draw another eligible entry for the purpose of awarding a Prize (time permitting), and the Contest Sponsor shall both be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or modify the Contest Rules at any time for any reason whatsoever.
- The Contest Sponsor will not be liable for any human or technical errors that may arise or occur in connection with the Contest. The Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of the entries.
- No correspondence will be entered into except with entrants requesting the Contest Rules by mail or requesting names of the Prize winners (for which a self-addressed, postage paid envelope must be included).
- The Contest Sponsor are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry to be received by the Contest Sponsor as a result of technical problems or human error, or any combination thereof.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
- This Contest is governed by the laws of Saskatchewan and the laws of Canada applicable therein, and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
- By entering this Contest, the entrant agrees that the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan, Canada shall have jurisdiction to entertain any action or other legal proceedings based on any provision of the Contest Rules or the running of this Contest. The entrant hereby irrevocably attorns to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Saskatchewan.
- THE CONTEST SPONSOR IS COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT ENTRANTS FOR THE SOLE PURPOSE OF ADMINISTERING THIS CONTEST UNLESS OTHERWISE PROVIDED FOR BY THE CONTEST RULES. Contest Sponsor will not sell or transmit this information to third parties except for the purposes of administering this Contest. Any inquiry concerning personal information held by the Contest Sponsor should be addressed to SaskEnergy at 1-800-567-8899.
Learn how to protect your home from carbon monoxide.