SaskEnergy Tune-Up Assistance Program
After a very successful Tune-Up Assistance Program (TAP) in 2018, SaskEnergy and its Network of plumbing and heating contractors are teaming up again in hopes of continuing to provide quality furnace maintenance to low income homeowners across the province. TAP highlights the importance of annual maintenance on natural gas home heating systems and carbon monoxide detection.
A participating SaskEnergy Network Member will complete a Home Heating Tune-Up service for selected homeowners free-of-charge. The average value of the program for each participant is approximately $250.
Any homeowner can apply, however preference will be given to those with an annual combined income of no more than $68,000. Renters/rental properties are not eligible.
Click here for more information about eligibility.
2019 Tune-Up Assistance Program ("Program") Terms & Conditions
- Any homeowner can apply, however preference will be given to those with an annual combined income of $68,000 or less.
- SaskEnergy will select participants based on homeowner need, location, and such other criteria relevant to SaskEnergy. Not all applicants will be accepted into the Program.
- Selected participants shall ensure their property is a safe place for contractors and SaskEnergy employees to access and perform activities in relation to the Program.
- Only one application per household.
- Renters/rental properties are not eligible.
- Successful applicants from previous years are not eligible.
- Only those homeowners selected will be contacted.
- Homeowners must provide their authorization and waiver of liability as required by SaskEnergy to participate in the Program.
- Program terms and conditions are subject to change by SaskEnergy without notice.
- Program dates and communities are subject to change by SaskEnergy without notice.
- Selected homeowners may receive all or some of the following: SaskEnergy Network Home Heating Tune-Up cost of $159.95, $90 for a second furnace, 2 furnace filters, one dual natural gas and carbon monoxide detector, up to $100 for minor repairs (if required), and applicable taxes.
- Selected participants are responsible to pay for any repairs over and above what SaskEnergy will cover under this Program, which may include repairs that must be fixed for safety reasons.
- If additional repairs to the home heating system are required, SaskEnergy may, provided Program participants have satisfactory credit as determined by SaskEnergy, extend credit to a maximum of $500 for such repairs (APR of 10.5% and fixed term of 12 months; may pay in full at any time). For example, if the repair to be financed was $250 and the customer took twelve months to pay, the cost of credit would be $14.48. SaskEnergy may delay or deny any extension of credit in its absolute discretion.
- Please note participants are selected for the 2019 edition of the Program only, and potential benefits are limited to the above.